Our Services


Business Start-ups

When you are thinking of starting your own business it can be a little overwhelming. That's where we come in. We can guide you through what you must do, what you should do and what you can think about doing in the future.

If you are starting out as a sole trader, or partnership, we can complete many of the forms required with you and make sure that everything is ready for you to start trading. We have a range of bookkeeping options and can talk these through with you, offering you help and advice along the way.

If you are starting a limited company we can form the company for you and talk through with you how you want to run the company. We can complete your statutory annual return and take some other duties off your shoulders so that you are free to concentrate on running your business.


Bookkeeping & Records

Every business is different and for some a simple manual bookkeeping record will be all that is needed. For some people keeping records seems a daunting task or a terrible burden. For those people we offer a range of solutions. We are a fully accredited member of Sage Accountant's Network and can offer various online bookkeeping packages that are easy to operate and will save you time and money.

Busy business owners may wish us to take the bookkeeping task over entirely and we offer a range of ways in which this can be done including outsourcing the entire bookkeeping task to us. This way you have a professional service for what can be a fraction of the cost of a full-time employee. It will also save you space, with no more paperwork to store and time to do what you do best.

Whatever your requirements we are here to help you find the method that is right for you. 


Cloud-based Accounting

Accounting 'in the cloud' essentially means keeping your accounts using your computer, your smart phone or your tablet. As the records are kept securely in the cloud they can be accessed anywhere. This also means that your records stay safe - ideal if you are always hunting around for those missing invoices. It is also possible to upload your bank statements directly from your bank into your accounts package.

We offer a range of Sage products that work in the cloud. Increasingly the Inland Revenue expects their customers to be computer literate and already payroll and VAT have to be submitted online. It is inevitable that all services will eventually be online and therefore it is advisable to get a head start.

The packages are easy to use and there is free support from Sage 24/7 included in the cost. Prices start from just £5.00 per month, plus VAT.

As Sage One Certified Accountants we can access your cloud accounting package via our hub and advise you when we need more information. We can even contact you through the package to ask questions about your accounts.


Other Services

Tax Advice

Our country has one of the most complex tax systems in the world. However, we are here to take the strain, because tax is our business. We will advise you on how to avoid penalties and fines and if you should receive an enquiry from HMRC we will be here to help you through the process.


Payroll is not as straight forward as it once was with the onset of Real Time Information filing. Therefore we offer a complete payroll service and can email payslips either to you or directly to your employees. We can advise you on all aspects of payroll including how much to pay across to HMRC each month.


VAT is a very complex area of taxation and therefore it is easy for someone without advanced knowledge of VAT to underpay or overpay their VAT. We can advise when you need to register, or if you should register voluntarily we will complete the necessary forms with you as well as advise on the most beneficial VAT scheme.Our other services include filing of VAT returns.

Limited Company Formation

We can advise you on:

  • Choice of company name

  • How to operate your company

  • Whether your company should be vat registered

  • All aspects of running a small company

Your first appointment with us is free of charge. This is so that you can get to know each other and decide how we could work together as an effective team. If you would like to come in for an informal chat about starting a business then please give us a call.

Property Services

If you own a second home that you rent then you most likely need to prepare a Statement of Letting and complete a tax return. If that property is a furnished holiday home (FHL) then you will need a set of accounts.
There are rules on what expenses you can claim against your rental income and we can advise you on these and on how to keep sufficient records.
There are also tax implications when you sell a house that was purchased as a 'Buy to Let' and has been rented out. We can advise you on any capital gains tax that may be due and we can also provide information when you are looking into whether owning a rental property is right for you.


Get in touch to book an informal chat to discuss your requirements further